GO Equipped tentmaking course
March 9-11, 2018
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Do you have a desire to bring the good news about Jesus and his kingdom to new places? Would you like to do this through your profession?
The GO Equipped tentmaking course is designed for student, business people, workers and professionals who wish to reach the nations through their studies and professions. It is also made for anyone who seeks to find out whether tentmaking is something for them. The course has an international focus but it is also very valuable if you plan to work in your home culture.
The GO Equipped tentmaking course has been developed in collaboration between Global Opportunities and Tent and it introduces you to major subjects that are essential for every current or aspiring tentmaker. This includes teaching in areas such as:
- The Biblical basis of tentmaking
- The international job market and how to find a job
- Hospitality and evangelism
- Business as Missions
- How to run a Bible study in your home
- Staying focused and avoiding the expat trap
- Spiritual disciplines and feeding yourself
- Cross-cultural communication and leadership
- Workplace evangelism
- Alpha in the workplace
- Forming a personal, "non-churchy" testimony
- Getting your church on board
- Sending platforms for tentmakers
- Church planting
- Team dynamics
All teaching is done in English.
- Mirka Pena, associate for tentmaking in the Lausanne movement
- Berit Kloster, Senior associate for tentmaking in the Lausanne movement
- Steinar Opheim, CEO of Tent International
Costambar, Puerto Plata, Republica Dominicana
- Participants from Dominican Republic: RD$1,500
- Participants from outside Dominican Republic: US$125
You can register by clicking on the "Register here"-button below.
Please contact Mirka Pena in the organizing committee if you need more information. You can reach her at +1 (809) 978-5244 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Christians in many skills, trades, businesses and professions, can often go to places where traditional church planters and evangelists may not.”
The Lausanne Movement
“I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.”
People from more than 50 nations have attended GO Equipped-conferences. They have gone to more than 80 nations to live as ambassadors for Christ.