GO Equipped tentmaking course
February 6-9, 2019
Do you have a desire to bring the good news about Jesus and his kingdom to new places? Would you like to do this through your profession?
The GO Equipped tentmaking course is designed for student, business people, workers and professionals who wish to reach the nations through their studies and professions. It is also made for anyone who seeks to find out whether tentmaking is something for them. The course has an international focus, but it is also very valuable if you plan to work in your home culture.
The GO Equipped tentmaking course has been developed in collaboration between Global Opportunities and Tent and it introduces you to major subjects that are essential for every current or aspiring tentmaker. This includes teaching in areas such as:
- The Biblical basis of tentmaking
- The international job market and how to find a job
- Hospitality and evangelism
- Business as Missions
- How to run a Bible study in your home
- Staying focused and avoiding the expat trap
- Spiritual disciplines and feeding yourself
- Cross-cultural communication and leadership
- Workplace evangelism
- Alpha in the workplace
- Forming a personal, "non-churchy" testimony
- Getting your church on board
- Sending platforms for tentmakers
- Church planting
- Team dynamics
All teaching is done in English.
The course will have a core, international group of teachers with lots of missions and tentmaking experience from different parts of the world. Among the teachers are:
- Steinar Opheim - Founder and director of Tent International.
- Victor Agbonkpolor - Director of Tent Nigeria.
- Clinton Gbawoh - Pastor and director of Tent Liberia.
The program starts in the morning of Wednesday February 6 and ends in the late afternoon of Saturday February 9. We advise everyone to stay on till Sunday and enjoy the official opening of Tent Liberia that will take place.
The course will be held at Gardnerville Wesleyan Church in Monrovia. If you need accommodation in Monrovia, we recommend that you use Ala Lagune Hotel. You can book your room through their website at www.alalagune.com.
How to get there
Please contact Tent Liberia’s director, Clinton Gbawoh, for information on how to get to the course venue. You can reach him at +231 77 675 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Liberian citizens (sponsored price): USD 10
- For non-Liberian citizens: USD 150
You can register by filling in the form below. Please call Tent Liberia at +231 77 675 1949 if you need more informatoin before you register.
“Christians in many skills, trades, businesses and professions, can often go to places where traditional church planters and evangelists may not.”
The Lausanne Movement
“I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.”
People from more than 50 nations have attended GO Equipped-conferences. They have gone to more than 80 nations to live as ambassadors for Christ.
Please fill in this form and click submit to register for the course.